500-hour Teacher Training Course in Integral Yoga Studies
Conscious awareness is a requirement for an integral yoga teacher to be able to hold space for their students. This teacher training course develops teachers—slowly and deeply—to embody the conscious awareness required for their daily living teaching practice. We are here in this world to learn through service to others; our teacher training programme is designed to help students feel ready to share the benefits of the practices with others in their communities.
In the tradition of Integral Yoga Dharma Ananda, this teacher training is extremely thorough and unique. The teaching is informed by contemplative education, scientific research, transpersonal psychology, classical yogic traditions and other wisdom traditions, as well more modern and culturally-responsive teachings. Our approach is universalist, inclusive and accessible, while also honouring and respecting tradition.
Why Our Teacher Training Programme is Different
Many newly trained yoga teachers do not always feel confident enough to begin teaching. The length and depth of this course prepares teachers extremely well. There is no such thing as haste on the yogic path. Haste lacks consciousness, and yoga is the path of consciousness. This is one of the eight laws of the integral yogic path and an attitude that is unwavering in our teaching and supporting learning on the course.
The level of ongoing support provided to our students for navigating the awakening process and develop integrally as authentic teachers is one important feature of our teacher training course. This support never ends for our alumni who will remain connected through our student and teacher community of practice.
This teacher training differs from many other teacher training courses in that:
- Our students learn and develop their capacity to take an integral approach to the teaching and supporting learning of yoga;
- Our students study the foundational classical texts and ancient philosophical, religious and spiritual traditions in depth;
- Our students learn and practice a range of yogic practices as integrated alongside one another rather than compartmentalised;
- Our students are trained in-depth in Dhyana Yoga (Meditation), Yin Yoga and various other forms of Hatha Yoga, traditional and modern Kundalini Yoga, some elements of Kriya Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Eastern (and Western) Philosophy, Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, some elements of Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine, Plant-based Nutrition and more;
- Our students learn and practice various forms of meditation in depth;
- Our students learn and practice various other compatible branches, techniques, paths and systems that can be integrated in an open, creative and fluid system like Integral Yoga of the Dharma Ananda tradition;
- Our students are shown how to develop, sustain and then deepen their personal daily practice;
- Our students are introduced to advances in educational and scientific research on yoga, meditation and other contemplative practices as well as advances from transpersonal psychology;
- Our students are encouraged to and supported in beginning to integrate what they learn and practice as students and teachers, whether this is full-time, part-time, context-based (by bringing the beauty of integral yogic practices to their place of work for supporting health and wellbeing) and more;
- Our students are rigorously taught how to prepare, teach, respond to feedback and unique classroom environments and adapt their teaching practice in a culturally-responsive manner.
- This is a blended learning course with plenty of structured and unstructured resources for home study and practice as well as the inclusion of the prestigious official online training in Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews.
- There is an opportunity to work with a licensed Metabolic Balance coach with a highly personalised health plan for 6-months at a discounted rate of 75%.
Additionally, we take the ethics very seriously. Firstly, the ethical foundations of the integral yogic path underpin the entire course and are continually revisited. Secondly, the ethics of teaching is an area that is given attention in order to prepare students for their real-world living practice as yogis for life.
Students must attend 24 weekend seminars, which are held in the second and third weekends of each month as two cohorts (Spring/March, and Autumn/September), with the exception of the months of July and August. If students have to miss a weekend seminar, they have three options:
- They can either make-up this seminar at the end of the 24 weekend retreats;
- They attend the weekend retreat of the other cohort; or
- Subject to demand and additional fee of 25%, an additional make-up weekend seminar may be arranged from September to June.
Dr. Gabriella F. Buttarazzi with Susanna Wickes, Chilla Bankuti, Athena Han, Nahal Hagabin, Praful Upadhyay and other guest teachers.
The fee for each of the weekend seminar trainings £200. This fee includes all course material and refreshments during the weekend seminars and is to be paid each time a student attends the weekend seminar. A one-time registration fee of £200 is required for unlimited student access to both the online workspace and the official Yoga Anatomy online course that is included in this teacher training programme.
Additionally, an optional £300 is required for students who wish to work with a licensed health coach for 6-months on a personalised Metabolic Balance health plan.
Breakdown of Course Content
Face-to-face (384 hours)
This involves attendance to 24 weekend retreats (26 hours worth of study per month).
Self-study Online (96 hours)
This involves completing the official Yoga Anatomy online course, as well as taking time for exam preparation and teaching preparation (4 hours worth go study per month).
Reflective Teaching Practice (40 hours)
This involves students completing 10 practice sessions and writing a reflective teaching portfolio that reflects upon the experience (to begin after attendance of 12 weekend retreats and submit in the penultimate weekend retreat of the programme, weekend retreat 23).
FIND OUT MORE and request a copy of the course syllabus for further details on the course content.
Register your Interest
Contact us to discuss further details on our teacher training course, to request a detailed copy of the course syllabus, to meet the programme founder and lead teacher trainer Dr. Gabriella F. Buttarazzi (Uma Shakti Devi) and/or to register your interest.